Department of Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education was opened in 1409 AH at the Teachers College at the time of the Ministry of Education. Teachers College to Al-Baha University changed its name to the College of Education in 1427 AH, and then the university administration reopened the department after reviewing the letter of His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education No. 55 / a and dated 6/1/1430 AH referred to the decision of the Council of Higher Education No. Issued in the second session Held on 29/4/1429 AH to approve the restructuring of the Teachers College and Girls Colleges affiliated to Al-Baha University.
The Department of Physical Education distinguishes it from other sections, because of the nature of specialization, which is characterized by multiple sources of knowledge and diversity, which is closely linked to many other sciences, such as health and biological sciences on the one hand, and social, educational and psychological sciences on the other.
Prepare and qualify teachers capable of performing their mission in the field of physical education to improve the sports field at various levels and provide services and scientific consultations and partnerships with the outside community through academic programs distinct
Raising the efficiency of institutional performance by activating all roles of the human element within an integrated system of quality professional and technological services to improve the competitive position of the department.
- Commitment to the application of quality standards and evaluation of institutional capacity and educational effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Graduating a distinguished student capable of competing in the labor market locally and regionally, and creating an educational environment that enhances the quality and efficiency of the educational process.
- Develop the capabilities and skills of faculty members, and improve the services provided to them.
- Interact with the community and the surrounding environment, and strengthen partnership with civil society institutions.
- Continuous development and improvement of programs and courses to keep pace with scientific development in the field of physical education scientifically and technology
This is done through:
- Guiding the student during the course registration process in terms of choosing the courses according to the study plan.
- Provide advice on study planning in the program and guide students to understand their academic conditions and good planning for their academic future.
- Coordinate with the professors of the courses to overcome the problems faced by students in studying the courses.
- To push students on a personal level to take advantage of their potential and potential in learning and creativity, in coordination with the professors of the course and academic supervisors.
- Encourage students to engage in academic activities to improve their academic level and activate self-learning procedures.
- Identify underachieving students and students who excel in school and develop appropriate methods for each case to improve the educational level and help the outstanding to retain their excellence.
- Work to make positive changes in the patterns of behavior of the student by helping him to adapt and adapt to his social environment and communicate with his peers through periodic meetings with him and guide him towards the values of collective interaction.
- Providing academic consultations through meeting students in the office of the academic advisor.
- Increasing the moral support of students by facilitating their communication with the administration and presenting their personal and study problems while making sure to develop effective
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Dr. Sultan Mansour Bediri
Alaqiq - Main Campus
Building 2 - 2nd floor – Office: S265