Department of Art Education
The Department of Art Education is one of the departments of the College of Education - Al-Baha University. It is the responsible department of preparing a distinctive and innovative teacher, keeping pace with local and global variables. It has the competencies required by international quality systems to enable it to compete in the labor market at the international and local level. Not just that, but that the specialisations taught by the student within the art education’s program allow him to work in multiple fields besides the field of teaching, in addition to the possibility of benefiting from his study of these specialisations to work in his special projects or small projects.
The Department of Art Education seeks to achieve its educational and scientific mission in providing qualified teachers scientifically, educationally and technically to meet the needs of society besides its interest in scientific research and the preparation of programs that contribute to serve all sectors of society.
- To preparing, training and graduating teachers in the field of art education, with a bachelor's degree.
- To working to expand the culture, horizons and perceptions of students towards the importance of studying the history of arts as well as artistic taste and its applications in the field of teaching art education.
- To increasing the students' awareness about the artistic and aesthetic values in Arabic and Islamic heritage along the different Islamic eras.
- To acquiring different technical and educational skills and to working to develop them through artistic expression using various artistic materials.
- To developing the fields of art and scientific research in the field of art education, and to following up the latest developments in this field and the field locally and internationally.
An academic consultant is selected for each level.
- Helping and guiding students during the registration of courses at the beginning of each semester according to the study plan.
- The guide conducts several meetings to explain the importance of registering courses according to the study plan
- The academic consultant makes scheduled meetings for each student to clarify his status and progress so as to fix any related issue.
- Directing students towards the importance of registering some courses in summer semester.
- Helping students to solve the problems they may encounter during their study.
- Urging and enhancing students to face the difficult circumstances they may face positively.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ART EDUCATION
Dr. Mesfer Mohammed Almarwai
Phone: +966-17- 7257074 Ext 108-109-110