Department of Accounting
Due to the economic development that Saudi Arabia has experienced during the last two decades, the number of firms has grown exponentially leading to a need of accountants and auditors to prepare and certify company’s accounts. The accounting department is necessary to fill the gap by educating students in accounting and prepare them for career opportunities that the labor local market needs and offers distinct competency in the field of accounting and auditing to cover the deficit in this specialty.
The mission of the Accounting Department is to prepare qualified accountants, conduct influential scientific research, and establish a fruitful relationship with companies and community in order to achieve the 2030 vision of Saudi Arabia.
- Attract, admit and develop and graduate students by providing them with high quality education.
- Recruit, recognize and retain high-caliber faculty who have shown tangible success in their field.
- Support, recognize, and reward high-quality research works.
- Develop partnership with business community & contribute to economic development locally.
Bachelor of Accounting
Masters of Accounting
The academic Consulting in the department provides the students with academic information, familiarize them with the regulations, and help them solve their problems. All faculty members participate in the academic guidance. All students are divided into groups of 20 students and supervised by a member of the teaching staff. 9 hours per week are allocated for this purpose.
The department seeks to contribute in achieving the institutional accreditation of AlBaha University and also aspires to achieve program accreditation at the local and international levels. In light of these aspirations, the Department established the Quality and Accreditation Committee whose role is to:
- Spread the culture of quality among the faculty members.
- Fill up all forms of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation, such as Course Specification, Program Description, Self-Study, Course Reports and Program Report.
- Prepare manuals and performance indicators to work on the evidence-based assessment in accordance with quality standards and requirements of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation.
- Prepare and distribute all questionnaires to students and collect and analyze statistically the data in order to identify the strengths and weaknesses.