Department of Laboratory Medicine
The Laboratory Medicine Department at the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences in Albaha University was established in 1426 H to fulfil the community needs of the Laboratory medicine specialists. They are essential for the provision of health care to patients and the investigation of diseases and toxin and their causes. Therefore, the department offers the bachelor’s program in laboratory medicine to keep pace with the health and economic development and the requirement of modern era.
Prepare graduates to become competent leaders in successful careers in Medical Laboratory Sciences with a commitment to excellence in scientific research and community services.
To prepare qualified graduates as medical laboratory specialists and researchers, through providing a distinguished education and scholarly research, which will positively enhance growth, and improve the general health of the community.
- To graduate qualified students in the field of laboratory medicine having Islamic morals and noble professional ethics.
- To educate and equip students with the knowledge, cognitive, technical skills and attitudes essential to practice the profession of laboratory medicine.
- Providing students with modern theories and advanced new skills in laboratory medicine to meet current and future needs for development plans in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To contribute to developing new skills and technologies in the field of laboratory medicine through motivating the scholarly research environment.
- To develop the department (esp. study plan, department members) to become a major educational source in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the field of laboratory medicine science.
- Involving students in the work of applied medical research and providing the scientific advice and research by expertise that will serves the community and the field of laboratory medicine.
The Laboratory Medicine program which consists of five years of study, including 12 months of internship training
All faculty members have to announced and hang on their schedules on their office doors. The schedules have included information about the members academic counselling and advising hours, teaching hours, administration hours, and clinical hours.
All students are allocated to academic advisors.
The department provides at least 2 hours official consultation time every week for all students.
Departmental Academic Counselling and Advising Committee is available to assist, facilitate, evaluate, and monitor students’ progress in the curriculum.
Students’ periodic reports for guidance are saved to follow the academic performance of students.
For more information about the process of academic guidance, counselling and support, please see the Academic Counselling and Students Support Handbook for all students in the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences.
Al Baha University seeks for the institutional accreditation from the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment
The department also seeks academic accreditation