Department of English Language
The Department of English language was established when the Faculty of Science and Arts in Qilwah was inaugurated in the academic year 1433/1434 H. Since then, the department has been providing services to the students of the Faculty.
To obtain a pioneering position in the teaching and research of the English language and literature, both locally and regionally.
- Training students to develop the basic linguistic and communicative skills so as to be capable of using language for various purposes.
- Introducing English literature in different eras including literary schools of thought.
- Providing students with the basics of the English language and its branches.
- Introducing the basics of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Promoting students’ creative and critical thinking along with the basics of research.
- Bachelor of Arts in English language
- Supervising the process of academic guidance for students and the proposed courses that the student needs to register according to its level and plan.
- Communicating with the students during the registration period and sorting out any obstacles faced by the student through communication with the head of the department and the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and the Deanship of Admission and Registration, when necessary
- Studying the excuses provided by students to conduct alternative tests, and helping the department council in this regard.
- Follow up the status of students who drop out of faculty.
- Address the cases of students who have failed to study and develop suggested plans for improving their academic level.
- Supervising the students' participation in the various activities and competitions.
Head of the Department of English
Dr. Ahmad Alsalamei
Phone: +966-17-7301015 Ext: 222
Network phone: 16217