Department of Chemistry
The department of Chemistry was established in the faculty of Science and Arts in Qilawah under the letter of the Minister of Higher Education No. 1196 / A on 7/6/1433 H. The faculty opened five academic departments: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English. Then, three sections were added: two sections that follow the faculty of Science and arts in Al-Mekhwah: the Islamic Studies section, the Arabic Language section, and the Computer section followed by the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology.
Providing an outstanding educational program in chemistry for preparing graduates who are able to contribute in community service through the academic stimulating environment and optimal investment of resources.
- To prepare qualified graduates and researchers' cadres in the field of chemistry, those have an understanding, awareness and ability to solve problems in their field of specialization.
- To fill the gap between learning outcomes and the labor market's requirements in various scientific and practical fields.
- To apply modern techniques and theories in chemistry.
- To participate in conducting scientific research in the field of chemistry.
- To contribute in solving societal problems related to the fields of chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Academic Consulting Tasks:
- Supervising the process of academic guidance for students and the proposed courses that the student needs to register according to its level and level.
- Communicate with the students during the registration period and overcome any obstacles faced by the student through communication with the head of the department and the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and the Deanship of Admission and Registration if necessary
- Examining the excuses provided by students to submit alternative tests, and presenting recommendations to the department council.
- Follow up the status of students who drop out of school.
- Address the cases of students who have failed to study and develop proposals for improving their academic level.
- Supervising the students' participation in the various activities and competitions.
Head of Chemistry Department
Dr.Mohamed Reda Abdalla Hassan
Network phone: 16212