Department of Physics
The Physics department is one of the main Science departments for presenting the Physics bachelor’s degree. Besides, the study itself serves all the scientific fields in all colleges. It’s the base of natural Science, and the main reason behind developing it through the last centuries, which in turn opened the door for achieving great developments in all the basic and applied Science majors.
Providing a unique education and scientific research, to serve the community in building knowledge and skills in physics through conducive environment for learning, scientific research and society partnership
As a result of curriculum required for the physics program, graduates will:
Appreciate the role of science in society and the historical development of physics in the ongoing quest to discover the structure of the universe.
Gain an understanding of the basic principles and the experimental basis of the various fields of physics and the logical relationships of the various fields.
Become capable problem solvers using techniques that require mathematical skills, conceptual and mathematical models, order of magnitude estimates and an understanding of limiting cases.
Develop competence in designing, constructing and using laboratory instruments and to draw valid conclusions from experimental data.
Develop competence in using computers for computation, data acquisition, numerical control, device development and information acquisition and processing.
Improve written and oral technical communication skills
Universities and the ministry of education.
Scientific research centers ( nuclear energy- petrol & mining – meteorology- desert researches - water researches).
Military & security institutes ( the military, the Police, insurance & inspection places, security & safety at gates in vital places such as the airports).
Electricity and solar energy firms.
Check up centers in the ministry of Health.
Electronic and electrical devices factories.
Factories of advanced materials
The Academic Guidance System seeks to advise and help students to successfully complete their course by achieving the following objectives:
- Provide the necessary support for the student during his studies to achieve completion of the study plan and the completion of all requirements within the time available.
- Providing academic and guidance information to students and increasing their awareness of the University's mission, objectives and systems.
- Follow-up students academically and help them to complete their studies efficiently and support the University's efforts to provide a sound learning environment to graduate qualified students to the labor market.
- Help students learn about scientific disciplines that suit their mental abilities and tendencies.
- To guide the students who fail to study and guide them and take care of them and follow them to raise their level of science and help them overcome the obstacles they face.
- Provide students with suggestions and advice to improve their academic achievement and help them overcome their academic and administrative problems.
- Raise awareness on the campus to provide the university with resources and services to improve the level of students
- Providing students with experience and scientific opinion on organizing their time and good investment to obtain the best methods of study and good collection
Accreditation refers to a method or set of procedures through which a comprehensive assessment of the institution is made, showing the strengths and weaknesses of the institution, which gives a judgment on the eligibility and competence of the institution
Is a process of assessment, recognition and approval by an educational program carried out by a specialized scientific institution or body and acknowledges that the program achieves or meets the minimum standards of efficiency and quality set by the Commission or Organization
The main objective of the accreditation is to reassure the public that educational programs and their outputs are efficient and skilled to achieve their aspirations and aspirations to obtain highly qualified human resources to successfully practice the profession
Head of the Department of Physics
Dr. Kassem Abd ElMalek Gado