Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering is still the major specialty of all engineering sciences, accounting for more than 70 percent of the science. Today, mechanical engineering is a leading specialty in the exploration of new knowledge and technologies, whether through innovations in energy systems, cooling and heating systems, vehicle design, aeronautics and space, and biomedical devices, or through research to find new methods and processes for the production of materials Advanced, nanoscale devices, intelligent software designs, and clean energy. The Department of Mechanical Engineering implements innovative engineering programs that contribute to the development and improvement of the economic and social development of the citizen, which are adapted to current and future needs. It is our vision that the department should be distinguished in educational performance, scientific research and community service, in order to ensure graduates with high qualifications in the field of mechanical engineering.
Produce specialist graduates in mechanical engineering who are able to keep up with market needs and to provide academic and developed research, unique community-based services, continuous development of human resources in the context of innovation, quality, independence, and moral values.
The program educational objectives (PEOs) support the missions of the college as well as the university. The PEOs for the Mechanical Engineering Department are:
- Provide society with mechanical engineering graduates with a broad scientific, technical knowledge and skills to enable them to work professionally in analysis, design and realization of mechanical systems.
- Have the skills needed to perform effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide graduates with the skills of scientific communication to complete graduate studies and specialized training.
- Practice professional and ethical responsibilities towards the profession and society.
The Department awards Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
The Academic Consulting System seeks to guide and assist students so that they can successfully complete their education through the following objectives:
- To open a file for students that contains a biography of the student during his study at the university (student behavior during the study, student’s activities, student’s marks, etc.). Through this file the college can make assessment of the student and find appropriate solutions of the problems they face.
- To help the students by planning an educational program consistent with their interests, abilities and needs of the labor market.
- To encourage the outstanding students to enhance their success, direct them toward their abilities and invest their potentiality in areas of excellence in all aspects of their career.
- To advise the students on the selection of courses appropriate for their level and abilities.
- To guide the students to understand the university policies and procedures.
- To remind the students regarding academic events (registration, addition, deletion, etc.).
The program seeks accreditation from the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Assessment