Department of Architecture
Since the establishment of the department, study plans and regulations are developed in line with technological and information development so that the graduate can keep pace with the times and be able to innovate in architectural and urban design with manual and electronic skills and be able to compete in the domestic and international market. He can also produce detailed and executive designs and able to study bids and tenders and conclude contracts, in addition to considering the social, economic and environmental aspects. The importance of the department is the increasing need for local designers to keep pace with the urban development in Saudi Arabia, which reflects the physical, cultural and spiritual nature of society. The study is characterized by a special nature, related to many issues in the life of the individual and society; therefore, the study areas were not limited to theoretical study, but also extended to include the Department's active role in the research and development of solutions to many of the problems faced by the community in the areas of architecture, building science and urban planning.
Leadership and achieving a balance between human needs and architecture by providing architects with the knowledge and skills that qualify him to compete in the labor market according to national and international standards for teaching, learning, scientific research and practicing the profession in addition to providing distinguished community services within the framework of human and moral values.
To achieve the vision and mission of the faculty and in accordance with the strategic objectives of the university, the objectives of the department were defined as follows:
- Raising the level of quality of architectural education and learning and working to provide a distinct educational service.
- Attention to community service and the development of the surrounding environment.
- Preserving educational, research and professional values and ethics.
- Develop human resources to keep up with the future vision of the quality strategy.
The Bachelor of Architecture degree program provides a solid foundation for students to learn how to design, build and operate buildings with an increased focus on integrating green building related products and materials. The program includes exposure to the arts, history and theories of architecture, the development of manual and electronic skills and the foundations of the design of various buildings. Graduates of this program may find many jobs in this fast growing field related to design, construction and planning.
The Academic Consulting System seeks to advise and assist students so that they can successfully complete their education through the following objectives:
• Provide the necessary support to the student during his study to achieve the completion of the study plan and finish all the requirements within the time period available.
• Providing academic and advisory information to students and increasing their awareness of the university mission, objectives and regulations.
• Follow-up students academically and help them to complete their studies efficiently and support the university's efforts in providing a sound learning environment to graduate qualified students to the labor market.
• Helping students to identify scientific disciplines that suit their mental abilities and personal preferences.
• Guiding the stumbling students to raise their scientific level and helping them overcome the obstacles they face.
• Provide students with suggestions and advice to improve their academic achievement and help them overcome their academic and administrative problems.
• Raise awareness on campus of the University's resources and services to improve the quality of students
• Provide students with experience and scientific opinion on the organization of their time and good investment to get the best methods of study and good achievement.
The program seeks accreditation from the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Assessment