Dept. of Foreign Languages (English)
English language program offered by the Department of Foreign Languages is a distinguished one due to that it qualifies the learners to master the language skills and communication as required by the contemporary labor market needs. It focuses on providing quality education in the English language and serving the community by utilizing the available resources for obtaining best results.
Offering quality academic programs to prepare qualified graduates who are able to meet the market needs
1-Bachelor degree in English Language.
2-Master’s degree in Literature
- To describe the strategies of language skills required for communication.
- To explain the Linguistic aspects, branches of applied linguistics and translation processes.
- To define figures of speech, types of literary forms, ages of criticism, and autobiographies.
Skills (The ability to accomplish required tasks and achieve scheduled objectives within a due set timeframe.)
- To communicate in English appropriately and effectively.
- To solve problems in Linguistics (phonology, morphology and syntax) and applied linguistics (language learning and translation).
- To appreciate and analyze literary texts.
- To use English for reasoning, argumentation and simple research writing individually or in groups.
- To use technology for language learning, communication and research.
- To maintain punctuality and ethical tributes
Head of The Department
Dr. Abdullah Saeed Al Salleh