Department of Arabic Language
The Department of Arabic Language was established at the beginning of the Setting the cornerstone of the college of Arts and Human science, at the beginning of the academic year 1430-1431 H. The Department started with awarding Bachelor’s degree in the major of Arabic Language and its Arts then, developed by initiating part-time track for students. The department aims to expand its academic plans to include post-graduate programs in the prospective future.
Achieving total quality standards in the department's educational and academic programs. Preparing excellent scientific cadre of the department graduates, in accordance with quality standards and market needs, and qualifying them to serve the community in their specialties.
Bachelor of Arabic Language.
The Arabic Language Department aims to achieve a number of objectives, including:
- Qualifying graduates with high skill and competence for teaching, conducting scientific research, and serving the community sincerely.
- Teaching the Department's compulsory and elective requirements of the Arabic language courses.
- Teaching some Arabic language courses for students in all other departments to empower the Arabic language and preserve both the language of the Quran and Arabic identity from loss and extinction.
- The participation of faculty members in scientific and cultural activities done inside and outside the university.
- Participation of the local community in holding lectures and seminars on literary, linguistic and cultural issues.
- The participation of faculty members in the department in conducting scientific research, and research referee from various universities and institutes, and supervision university theses; in addition to writing textbooks in the field of specialization.
- To upgrade students ‘basic communication skills in the areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Head of The Department
D. Abdulaziz Jumman