Bachelor of English Language
English language program offered by the Department of Foreign Languages is a distinguished one due to that it qualifies the learners to master the language skills and communication as required by the contemporary labor market needs. It focuses on providing quality education in the English language and serving the community by utilizing the available resources for obtaining best results.
- Training students to develop the basic linguistic and communicative skills so as to be capable of using English for various purposes through utilizing the available teaching aids.
- Introducing English literature in different eras including literary schools of thought.
- Providing students with the basics of the English language and its branches.
- Introducing the basics of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Promoting students’ creative and critical thinking along with the basics of research
- To describe the strategies of language skills required for communication.
- To explain the Linguistic aspects, branches of applied linguistics and translation processes.
- To define figures of speech, types of literary forms, ages of criticism, and autobiographies.
- To communicate in English appropriately and effectively.
- To solve problems in Linguistics (phonology, morphology and syntax) and applied linguistics (language learning and translation).
- To appreciate and analyze literary texts.
- To use English for reasoning, argumentation and simple research writing individually or in groups.
- To use technology for language learning, communication and research.
- Teaching English language at government and private schools.
- Working in translation.
- Broadcasting, media and TV.
- Calling for Islam.
- Diplomatic jobs outside the Kingdom.
- Various government jobs.
- Teaching at university.