Department of Prosthetic Dental Science
The Department of Prosthetic Dental Science was established with the establishment of the Faculty to provide theoretical and laboratory teaching programs for undergraduate students through three divisions to reach a proper diagnosis, treatment and replacement that meets the needs of patients. This section on the principles of dental implants from accurate diagnosis and therapeutic plan in addition to assist in the surgical process of implantation and then complete the final formulations.
Different sections of department
Includes the following three divisions:
a. Division of full and partial Removable Prosthetic:
In this section, the student studies the various methods of how to compensate for partial missing teeth.
b. Fixed Prosthetic Division:
This division aims to train the student to diagnose and treat missing teeth and fixed formulations very similar to natural teeth.
c. Advanced Prosthetic Division:
In this section, the student learns on modern theories and methods of advanced structures (for making missing parts such as ear, nose and eye) with dental implants.
Work to enrich the educational, research and technological system in the field of prosthetic dental science to meet the challenges of the times and prepare outstanding graduates of the labor market while contributing to solve the problems of the surrounding community.
Assisting the College in achieving its mission in: -
Graduation of a dentist with the skills of prosthetic dental science and medical work skills to serve the community
Keep abreast of recent developments in prosthetic dental sciences.
Organizing training courses in the field of prosthetic dental sciences in line with the needs of students and the community as well as rehabilitation and advisory courses.
Prepare qualified graduates for further teaching and scientific research.
Encourage scientific research and make it a priority of the department with the holding of periodic scientific seminars.
Responsibilities of the Academic Consulting Committee:
- 1- Presence during the registration period
- 2. Awareness of the goals and responsibilities of academic guidance among faculty and students
- Supervising the process of implementing and following up the instructions and procedures of academic guidance
- 4- Announcing the schedules for the distribution of students to academic advisors and introducing students to academic advisors
- 5. Directing students to review and cooperate with the academic advisor
- 6 – Take actions in some matters of emergency and academic guidance, which needs to take actions in which to manage the college
- 7 - direct intervention in some cases where the academic advisor needs support, namely: -
Sudden decrease in student performance without justification
The student should unjustifiably postpone the study or leave the college
complaints of faculty members of the negative behavior of the student
The inability of the student to express his problems
the emergence of manifestations of frustration, apathy and despair on the student
Head of the Department of Prosthetic Dental Sciences
Dr. Hasan Mohamad Saker